Sunday, April 6, 2008

My weekend and the psychedelic golden forest

And now to inundate you with photos. So don't expect any more for awhile. ;)

First of all, can I just say yay, magnolias?! They are the most splendid spring blossom on the face of the earth, and I feel Canada is missing out. Korea has gone from the bare trees of winter to sidewalks lined with magnificent, giant blooms! They come in white usually, but also in pink, and smell beautiful as well. The cherries are also in bloom, so my bike ride to work usually has more than one happy smile from me as I pass these great plants.

I threw this next pic in so you can see me enjoying me weekend in Seoul, as we went to see some sights.Here is a picture of the Han River, and the Han River Park. You can see some of Seoul's skyline on the other side of the bridge.

And here is Building 63, the tallest in Seoul. I think I told you last year that I went to the aquarium in the bottom. Yesterday was just the food court. haha
And here is part of the super-awesome outdoor (and indoor) market called Namdaemun (Nam-day-moon), which we visited for a couple of hours. You can get EVERYTHING here. Ginseng, veggies and fruit, street food, clothes, curtains, shoes, backpacks, stationery, posters, purses, you get the idea.



Warning, next picture is..erm...unlike anything I've ever seen for sale in La Senza, shall we say...

YES! It's elephant underwear for men. And there above, a tiger. I swear, Korea is so hilarious and random at times.

And now for the golden forest. Outside of 63 Building, there was this art, basically a shiny, golden forest. I loved it. You can walk into it. Neato.

Ok, bye! Have a great week everyone! Love! xo

No comments: