Monday, October 13, 2008

Thanksgiving Day & My First 10k

Good morning! It's Monday morning here, and so Happy Thanksgiving to all my wonderful friends and family back home in Canada! Enjoy your holiday!

As for me, I got up at the ungodly hour of 5:45am on Sunday morning to run my first 10k race (part of the Hi-Seoul Marathon)! I slept over at my good friend E's house. Here she is at 6:15am outside her apartment, bagel and Powerade in hand, as we make for the subway:
There, we met up with some more good friends who were also running. It was chilly! But sooooo beautiful! Clear, crisp, and sunny. Perfect for a run.

And here we all are at the finish...for obvious reasons I have no photos of the race itself. However, I can tell you it was fantastic! Now we're going to train for the half-marathon in the spring.Later in the day, I received this text message with my official time: 1hr, 2min, 41sec. Not bad for not really knowing how long 10k was before the race. :) (Yes the text message is all in Korean, except my name, which they actually did spell right, hehe).

Ok, enough exercising! On to pie and cheesecake!
Yes, one of the girls we ran with hosted an absolutely fabulous Canadian Thanksgiving on Sunday afternoon. I think the last time I ate that well was when I was home at Christmas. Here's me and my friend having way too much fun chopping cheese and veggies:
And THIS is the view from her apartment! I was agape for awhile...
All in all a better time could not have been had by yours truly! I hope you are enjoying your weekend as well! Love to you! xoxo

Oh, PS For all you Saint Johnners, I'm going to be on CBC Information Morning on Tuesday morning, around 8, I think, or 8:15. Something like that, for their "Saint Johnner Away" segment. Tune in if you like! :)

No comments: