Sunday, October 5, 2008

Seoul

So, it's Sunday morning of a long weekend, and I've had the most relaxing morning. It began, and continues, with copious amounts of:


That's tea in the glass for anyone who thinks otherwise. ;) There is just nothing like Red Rose...thanks mum. :)

So, I've had some time to do some facebook photo albums, so for those of you on my facebook, forgive the duplication here. Also forgive me if I've previously posted any of these pics. I thought I'd just put some various pics on the blog of Seoul over the last few months.

Let's start with some market pics:

Seafood:Piles of kimchi (pickled cabbage eaten with every meal. I love it and don't know how I'll live without it when I leave Korea!):
Red peppers. Koreans spice EVERYTHING with red pepper paste (likely contributes to the high rate of ulcers in the country):
Waste not, want not! If you're gonna eat pig muscles and pig intestines, you may as well eat (or display?) the head too!On to something more pleasant. How about hot men? Park Tae-Hwan (Olympic Gold Medal swimmer from Korea) was actually in my building (work) on Thursday! And I literally missed seeing him by about 15 seconds! :( But at least I got a pic with his pic, haha:Here's a rainy day outside my work (this was taken a few months ago during rainy season):

Next up, Building 63, tallest in Seoul:
This is a sunrise over Incheon, where I used to live (I've been to visit a few times this year):
I heart motorbikes. This one was in Itaewon, the foreigner district, yikes!
Mosaic wall:

This one was taken awhile ago as I was driving on a Seoul highway with a friend:
And, as I've mentioned before, the pollution has lifted greatly, and these days we actually see blue, clear skies! That's Namsum (or Seoul) Tower to the left there...highest point in Seoul:
Took this yesterday of a building downtown (as I walked for an hour trying to find my bus stop):
Took this as well, after French class. Typical Korean street decor:

Well that's all for now folks. Happy weekend! *muah*

No comments: