Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Confessions of a stargazer

I’ve always been a daydreamer. In class, in church, indoors, outdoors, wherever I happened to be, I delighted in abandoning the ship of reality and diving into the imaginative waters of my mind. One spring day while walking in Dipper Harbour, many moons ago, I paused to let my mind wander. Wouldn’t it be groovy if I could just lift myself off the ground a few feet, suspend myself there, and watch the world drift by underneath me? What an effortless, delightful way to travel! Perhaps suspension from a cloud would work. After 24 hours I’d have been around the world and back already! Hm, maybe it wouldn’t be a lazy drifting after all...but still! Efficient and fun! Except for skyscrapers...and what about others doing the same thing? I’d need some sort of cloud-control...What about the Arctic? Brr Willard! Bah, inconsequential details!

As you can see, traveling has always been an, ahem, dream of mine. Although a cloud is certainly more enchanting than a giant hunk of noisy, polluting metal, in any case, off I go to zoom halfway around the world! I am so looking forward to this new adventure in my life, and I hope you, wherever you are, find peace and wisdom in the months to come...the ninth cloud, I suppose. If you ever happen to be in Asia, you are welcome to disembark in Seoul! :P Love to you. XO

Photo courtesy of the one-and-only Hubble Telescope.

No comments: