Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend pics

Hi everyone,

I had a nice, relaxing weekend in the heat. Today, my friend E and I went to Yeoido (pronounced YUH-wee-doh), which is actually, technically, an island in the middle of the Han River, although you don't really realize you're on an island, particularly when you take the subway to get there. I love Yeoido. There are nice parks around the government buildings, and many large businesses have their main offices there, so it's quite built-up. But it's also quite modern and the buildings are glassy and clean-looking. For some reason, it just has nice vibes floating around it. It also has some random art along the sidewalks, like this tile-mosaic fish:

Cool, huh?

Here's E in the park just before we lazily laid around reading in the shade, dragonflies zipping overhead and cicadas buzzing:
Some of the big businesses:
Then I headed to Insadong for a bit. Here's the entrance to the main pedestrian street. I just love it there, in case you couldn't tell from all my previous posts. Very nice, happy vibes there as well:
And, I saw this church, and I thought for a second maybe I was in Eastern Europe:


Anyway, a quiet, happy weekend. I hope yours is going well. xo

1 comment:

Cricket on the Hearth said...

Wow! I can't fathom how long it would have taken to tile that fish. Beautiful :)
~Ruth.