Friday, July 25, 2008

Korean War Memorial

The other day we took our kiddies to the Korean War Memorial in Seoul. Can you see the Canadian flag? :D
There were rooms and displays dedicated to a few different wars, but my class spent most of its time in the Korean War room, because it's most relevant to them, and important, considering this country is still technically at war with its northern neighbour. The kids were really great and interested in everything, despite their limited years on this earth. They already knew quite a bit of history about it as well.

There was a room dedicated to the countries that helped South Korea during its war, and I couldn't resist photographing our blond-haired, blue-eyed typical Canadian soldier. *wink*
I admit, I was surprised we sent over 25 000 soldiers over.

And lastly, what's a trip to a war museum if you can't play on the old tanks and airplanes?
By the way friends, I'll be heading to China early Saturday morning, so you probably won't hear from me for about 2 weeks. Hope you are enjoying your summer! Love and good vibes to you. xo

No comments: