Saturday, June 14, 2008

Busan

Hola amigos! Sorry for being MIA there for a bit...after we came back from Busan last weekend I got the worst cold I've had in years (I never get colds! Maybe it was the shock of Seoul's pollution after Busan's relative cleanliness). I even had to take some time off work. Meh! But I'm better now, and have some pictures to share with you from our little trip last weekend.

So, to answer La's question...no...Busan is not like Montreal in the least! It's like...Korea! Every city, big or small is basically the same as far as types of establishments, decor (aka neon), etc. However, it was a lot smaller than Seoul and a lot cleaner, and had tons of mountains. Very pretty! I thoroughly enjoyed the 5 1/2 hour train ride both ways b/c my friend E was with me, and the scenery was beautiful. We met our friend La there, and as soon as we dropped our stuff at a seedly little motel, we were off to the beach! A whole 10 minute walk away. Yes!
And we saw these guys...who had big propellors on their backs. Looked like it was loads of fun, droning and swooping over the beach. Brother, I thought of you.
We found these cool spheres and had a good laugh. I think E (right) looks like Jack Nicholson. hahahahaha
Busan is famous for its seafood!
Sand sculpture contest. Dad, I thought of you.
Our beach at night. So warm, and pretty with the bridge .Next day, we were off to Beomeosa Temple. The whole place had a blanket of peace and calm. Ok, I know I say that about every temple, but it's true! Even with tourists, it's still very serene and refreshing. Lots of bamboo at the entrance to this one.
Looking down at my two amigas after climbing the steps to enter the courtyard.
Is it just me or do I not look like mom in this picture? Welcome to the almost-30s....
There were lots of buildings, and therefore...lots of roofs.


That night after dinner, we caught the tail end of a fireworks show. I think this one looks like an angel and a giant fire bird.
E talking to her sweetie a half a world away.
View or a river from train ride home.
Crib helped us pass the hours. :)
All in all, an excellent weekend! I'll definitely be heading there again, probably in the early fall. You can imagine the beach's crowdedness in the heat of summer, as it seems every Korean flocks there with his or her family. Apparently you even have to rent out the beach spot you wish to sit on! No thank you!

Hope you have a great weekend everyone! Lots of love! xoxo

1 comment:

Cricket on the Hearth said...

Awesome possum. Loved the shot of the paragliders; I too wish to drone and swoop:) Glad that you got out of the pollution for a while - looks like a nice spot.