Friday, March 21, 2008

Week 3 ... my street



Hello one and all, here's a wee little video for you. Warning: boring. Don't say I didn't warn you. :)

Few notes: I live in love motel land. The beginning of the video is looking at a few of them, and at the end, on the left, there's the car park for one...they all have those curtain-y things hanging down so you can't really see the cars inside. Not sure why SO many love motels are needed, but it sure seems to be a booming business!

Also at the beginning, you can see some people eating on the sidewalk...this is a common and pretty nice practice, and yes, it's now quite lovely, warm and springy out! (heh heh...)

Oh yes and the moon is full...I think you can see it shining above my apt building. The video also gives you a good idea of how spatially intelligent I am, as I nearly walk into a taxi door.

Cheerio! xoxo

2 comments:

In another land said...

Well who knew? Love Motels? And the price is? Actually I enjoyed the street scene and would like more. Can you show us your work site and perhaps a food vendor?--Nancy

Unknown said...

Well, it's not so surprising I suppose.

Besides the infidelity market, there's the young people market. Most Koreans live with their parents until they get married. And most Korean families live in apartments. So...

Price = about $50/night on weekends. The closer you are to a dance club, the more expensive it is, and the more unlikely it is you will get a room on a weekend.

We stay in them while traveling. They're actually (usually) pretty nice...not seedy like the love motels at home...tacky, well that's another story.