Saturday, May 9, 2009

Shanghai, or "Red Lanterns Everywhere"

When I visited Shanghai, it was Lunar New Year, so there were red lanterns hanging from nearly every building. So pretty!








On our first day, we went inside this massive marketplace/park to have a look-see. The architecture was stunning. And yes, that is a DQ. We don't have DQ in Korea (and so we shouldn't...I'm not a big fan of massive American chains invading and taking over the world), but I (hypocritically I think), did have a Blizzard...my first in years. ^^ Just so you know, I also had loads of the Chinese street food first. ;)
...but this is one street food I did NOT have. Take a close look.
Yes...it's meatball soup, with the head of the cow stewing in it. hehehe I opted for fried veggie dumplings instead...

No comments: